The Ecstasy of Crossing Something Off the List

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Postoffice

Postoffice

Recently, my older daughter and I went to the post office to apply for her passport.

I'd been dreading this trip for days. Every task associated with it filled me with anxiety -- but nothing ended up being as hard as I expected.

And as we walked out of the post office, I felt a giant surge of energy, happiness, and relief. Ah, the ecstasy of crossing something off the list! Even accomplishing the smallest task gives me a little jolt.

This is my new Secret of Adulthood: Crossing something off the list is very cheering. (Also: Make sure you know where to find family members' birth certificates. I was very happy when I found that document in the proper file.)

* I'm really looking forward to the BlogHer Conference next week, and if you're looking for some interesting blogs to read, the BlogHer site has more leads than you can possibly follow.

* Sign up for the Moment of Happiness, and every weekday morning, you'll get a happiness quotation in your email inbox.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Fitness For You © 2011 | Designed by Interline Cruises, in collaboration with Interline Discounts, Travel Tips and Movie Tickets