Waiting in Line is Such a Waste of Time

Monday, August 1, 2011

I tend to be short on patience and standing in line is a big pet peeve of mine. This happens a lot at the grocery store, the post office, and concert concession stands.
It doesn't seem to matter what line I am in, it ends up being the slowest one. I have tried breathing techniques and counting to distract myself; but I always seem to end up getting frustrated and saying a few choice words to those around me.
The grocery store lines really make me mad when I see fifteen checkout lines and only two are open. Of course, I have more than the maximum number of items to qualify for the express lane; so I end up in the lane where the checkout person is brand new and is taking forever.
I try to keep my cool and read a magazine, but the longer I am in line, the angrier I get. By the time I am actually ready to check out, I am slamming down my coupons and informing the checkout person, I will bag my own groceries (which takes another five to ten minutes). By the time I leave the grocery store, I am usually fuming and ready for happy hour.
The good news is I have learned to just get a few items and go through self-checkout, thus thwarting a meltdown.
The second place that really drives me bonkers is the post office. It seems that every time I choose to go to my local branch, there is a line out the door.
I am considering packing a lunch the next time I go. With one or two people at the front desk, who don't seem in a good mood or anxious to help anyone; I inch up to the counter at a snail's pace.
The elderly person in front of me apparently has issues with their package and how they should send it. They also want their mail put on hold, a book of stamps, a money order, and chat awhile. The chatting with the desk person really puts me over the edge. I clear my throat several times in hopes the customer will get the hint to move on. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I just leave the post office and return another time, rather than waiting in line.
The last place waiting in line is really a pain is at a concert concession stand. I just don't understand why it takes forever to pour a drink and collect money. By the time I get to the head of the line, my friends are assuming I have left for good and I am headed straight to the restroom. Even if I know exactly what I want and have my money ready, it still takes forever to check out.
I want back all the time I have spent waiting in line and I guess I will have to wait for that too.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Fitness For You © 2011 | Designed by Interline Cruises, in collaboration with Interline Discounts, Travel Tips and Movie Tickets